Download the Entry Form.
Download the Teachers Information Leaflet
Information for Teachers
dot-art Schools was launched in 2012 and since then over 5000 children have taken part from 312 schools.
We have held exhibitions at the Domino Gallery, the Walker Art Gallery, St George Hall and the Liverpool School
of Art and Design and each year,
three children from each participating school have been presented with a certificate by the Lord Mayor of Liverpool.
This wonderful prize giving ceremony, attended by families and staff, which for the Liverpool programme now
takes place in the LJMU Art School, is where the overall
winners and runner up are also announced. In response to feedback from schools, in September 2016 we
changed the primary age group from Year 6 to Year 5.
In September 2016, thanks to our new partnership with LJMU, dot-art Schools also launched in
Primary and secondary schools in Cheshire West & Chester, Cheshire East and Warrington are currently taking
part in the pilot year of our second region.
We are pleased to announce that from February 2018, dot-art Schools is an
Artsmark is the creative quality standard for schools and education
settings, awarded by Arts Council England, recognising their
commitment to high quality arts and cultural education.
dot-art Schools is proud to be supporting schools and
education settings on their Artsmark journey, inspiring children and
young people to create, experience, and participate in great arts and
Find out more about Artsmark at artsmark.org.uk
and how we can support you on our Artsmark page.
Please download the document below for more details about how the programme works and the benefits it can
Key Facts 2017-18:
Feedback from schools:
- 56 schools participated.
- 905 student art works displayed online.
- 3200 votes cast.
- 14000 unique visitors to the website.
- 56 student art works were showcased to the public in Liverpool School of Art and Design.
- 377 students, their families and teachers celebrated at prize giving ceremonies held in the Johnson Foundation auditorium at Liverpool School of Art & Design
- 400 visitors to the exhibition at Liverpool School of Art & Design
- 30000+ people viewed the exhibition at Lime Street Lower Level Station.
- "We have just looked at the art work on the website, the work looks amazing. We are so happy with
the quality of all of the schools submissions. You have done a great job!"
- "I have just looked at our page and I am very impressed with the whole project"
- "What a fantastic event!"
- "It has been a long time since we have had something of this calibre in the city to promote and
celebrate the work of our young artists"
Feedback from exhibition visitors:
- "What a fantastic level of skill from such talented young people"
- "What talented youth we have in Liverpool, so impressed with all the artwork presented"
- "A lovely exhibition with some excellent work on display, hope it encourages many of the exhibitors
to become artists of the future"
- "I didn't realise the work was all by people under 15! Rather inspiring"
Key Dates 2017-18:
- September 2018 - School recruitment for 2018-19 programme begins.
- December 2018 - Deadline for schools to sign up.
- February 2019 - Deadline for schools to submit work for competition.
- April 2019 - Online voting period.
- June 2019 - Prize Giving Ceremony.
- June 2019 - Exhibition of winning works.